Boat trip



Hopla! It’s the "D Day" the tank is full, so here we go for 540km:


And if you overlay our route to the weather of Friday, ho what a nice surprise.



And yes, you'll understand that we had a rainstorm on the entire route! No, I'm exaggerating, we had 45 minutes of dry at the beginning , after which the path is simply summarized trying to keep the car on the road at the impressive speed of .......... 80km / h behind trucks, semi slicks in 205 with a rather special geometry are finally not in their element. Add to that a prankster coating that changes every 10km, we are left with a rather challenging journey. As a consolation we had a sauna "improvised" by water coming through the window spraying against the exhaust.


 Ammo in addition to suffering the noise, was responsible for keeping the fire extinguisher whose location is under his seat, it was very easy to remove, but much more difficult to recover, and as I used it during testings ... We stopped once for a good snack a second time to put fuel and clog the grille in order to get the engine at the good temperature.

The last stop before arriving at the hotel was nice enough, after some difficulties to restart at previous stops, I think that the igniter took a little moisture (see the air intake for its ventilation ). Arriving at the last toll station I cut the engine and could not restart! A thick black smoke came from the side exhaust, and then ..... Huge flamesto rival a S12Group 5  appeared! First reflex quite foolish, I blow out the flames before I surprised Ammo by asking for the fire extinguisher that I’ve accidently triggered Meanwhile I tried to kill the fire with the other hand with a cloth, mission accomplished! Maybe the exhaust was filled of gas while I’ve tried to fire the engine.


I fiddle a bit of ignition cables, testing the umpteenth time to start, and bam, the engine ran again! I mount the hood and GO, a few kilometers later Ammo made ​​me a sign that the extinguisher gauge is in the red, the awkward pressure that I gave to, was enough to completely discharge it, okay, it only remains few kilometers before having a good meal in a delicious fast food, and wallow infront Thalassa.

Tomorrow is another day.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment